Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Due Date

I didn't want today to go by without me saying something. So, here it is....
I'm okay. Despite the fact that I am a little bit sad that today was suppose to be meaningful and happy but is instead empty and just like any other day.... I am alright. I have made peace with the events of this past year. My husband kindly reminded me the other day that I am alive. There was a point in May of last year where we were not sure I was going to make it through the night. But in all that pain and sadness, God was good. I am here to watch my amazing boys grow and help them learn. I am here to hug my husband after a rough day at work and laugh at things only him and I are amused by. I am here to show love to my friends as they go through tough times in their lives. I am alive. What a blessing!
So, today I want to focus on what I was given and not what was taken. I was given an understanding of what it is to have that kind of loss- I can now relate better to so many other women. I was shown that my husband could give me such amazing strength and keep me together by being at my side when I am falling apart. I learned that a mother will do anything for her child- even if that child is 30 and it means stalking down a doctor and ignoring all privacy of other patients ( You are the best, Mom!) I have a better understanding of what miracles my children are. I saw such amazing love from the people in my life ( I still can't even express how thankful I am without breaking down in tears). I know, now, that sometimes God speaks the loudest when you are at your most vulnerable point.
So, today is sad.... But there is so much beauty in it all and that is what I am going to choose to see.
Thank you. I have the best family and friends that a girl could ask for.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet, wonderful woman you are darlin. Holding you very close in my heart.

    ~Leen

    ReplyDelete